Tutu Mania

First up - don Tutu (you can't see our multi-colored fake eyelashes or our green & blue hair very well - but they were there). Someone on the street told me I looked like carnival.



Make a cash stop.

Then register at The Porch For Tutu Tuesday (you'll note the nerd sign is in reference to a nerd party they're having Thursday).



After mingling a bit, we ran (meaning walked) down the street stopping at Willie T's,


The Green Parrot,


and 801 Bourbon St. where their drag queens were waiting and where our "water" stations were located,


eventually ending up at Mangoes.


Let's let the pictures speak for themselves shall we? (Sorry for the blur in some.)

   

Can you see the woman in the window? She was not only live, but was the artist, whose work is on display, her very self. Of course, wearing a tutu. I wonder how long she stood in there posing?


The police car, which was basically herding us to keep us moving, had music blaring from its speakers. We laughed at the driver and asked if she was wearing a tutu inside that vehicle. Nope.

That was a lot of fun. I can't remember the last time I went clubbin'...in a tutu.  Luckily this party started early so we could stay awake for it.  There was no worry about getting drunk though - $4/beer and that's at a discount? Ouch. We're used to 2 bucks.


Which is airbrushed her top or bottom?

When I lived in New York City I liked that everybody minded their own business, but it was nothing compared to this. People ogle each other, but anything's acceptable (although some outfits or lack there of are a little hard on the eyes). Our costumes were so tame in comparison to everyone else's that we were invisible in this sea of outrageous-ness. Other parties going on that night were: Chippendale Tighty Whitey, Party in Plaid, Green Party, and Wild Wild West, so that's how people were dressed all over town. Yep, Hollywood set. I give credit to these talented airbrush artists, in many cases they're painting men and women's naked unspeakable body bits. Talk about up close and personal.

Today, I'm hoping to get to the pet masquerade & parade. Then maybe we'll find a place that's not charging $4/beer and do some more people watching.

2 comments:

  1. The blurrier the photos, the more fun is being had, right? Looks like you guys are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe the blurrier the vision?... Unfortunately I blame the bad photos on the crappy lighting and a camera not quite made for what I'm putting it through. As far as Fantasy Fest? I'd say we're amused, shocked, and also having a good time.

      Delete