There were all kinds of charity events, from Santa photos with pets to golfing for Shriner causes. Schools were trying to raise money, many businesses are collecting toys and food. We wandered around the Truman Annex and were reminded how pretty it was. It's a former Naval base, so everything is quite orderly. Some of the houses go all the way back to the mid-1800s (including a former marine hospital), but you'd never know it. Everything is pristine.

This large white cat in front of the Little Truman White House was completely nonplussed about passing pedestrians. We couldn't help but give her a little rub.
| The Florida Keys & Key West |
Sculptures (as part of Sculptures Key West) got going in Fort Zachary, but we didn't feel like going over there and the art will be up through March so we have time.
Later, we got news that the person responsible for our exile from St. Kitts 3 months ago finally got his long overdue comeuppance, and we spent the rest of the evening with a bit more skip in our step.
Sunday involved some holiday lighting along Caroline St, a nautical-ornament contest to decorate the tree at Schooner's Wharf, and the continued readying for the upcoming Lighted Boat Parade (Saturday, Dec 15th). I'm looking forward to that. I thought the ornament made of beads was apropos.
Buoy Christmas tree day and night.
Lobster trap Christmas tree.
Yep, I love me some Christmas lights.
Back to daylight, it's been a dreary Monday and the forecast suggests more of the same (but I have yet to really see anyone get the weather right here). Hopefully they're wrong because the Overseas Heritage Trail Unicycle Tour starts tomorrow (Tues, Dec 4th). That's right, 5 days of unicycling.
Thought of the day:

Among other things, I'm a blogger. My last one was
nice little Freya sailboat. :) And those houses and palms are gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteI know right? We saw that too and I meant to email it to you. Glad you saw it. And yeah, Truman Annex is a really nice place to walk around.
Delete